Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Step 8

There are a four bullet points under 'Step 8' in the pattern directions. It simply states sew the side panels to the front panel, serge and voila your done. Except it should read: this is the front of the dress, you are going to want it to look perfect, it has a curve for the bust which is tricky and you are going to re-do it several times and this step will take you all night. This is the pattern I am making. 

the front

The back

But it's done and it does look as perfect as I am going to get it. I am pretty sure a 4-H judge would notice the effort and bump the ribbon up just because of the bust. The zipper was a lot easier then the front and I had never sewn a zipper. I hope the rest of the patten goes a little quicker, I would like to wear the dress this weekend. I know I have a cap sleeve and a lining a head of me though.

Here is a close up of the fabric. It is by Michael Miller and I love it! I ordered it from an etsy shop, she even matched a coordinating fabric for me (pictures of that later).

The fabric

I am off from work today, so I am spending it sipping on coffee and sewing. My idea of a perfect day!

The Craft of Making...timeless dresses.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So cute! You inspire me! :-) Actually, in my time here in Azerbaijan, I've discovered a love of baking. I hope you will also be baking more tasty things and posting about them on here so I can learn from you!